Sunday, June 13, 2010

Perfectly Purple

When Marshall said he wanted purple in his man-cave (a.k.a the office), I'll admit I was skeptical. Purple is not exactly an easy colour to work with when decorating, and all too often it just turns out looking strange. But purple is his favourite colour, and I had to give him at least one room that he could really call his own (in theory anyway, we'll be sharing the office as I often work from home).

As you can see, my worries were completely unfounded. Much to my own astonishment, I seem to have pulled off a fantastic looking purple room (at least I think so!). I'll even admit it's one of my favourite rooms at the moment. All the finishing touches are complete, and I am super tickled purple with the result ;)


Peek-a-boo! Where's Abe?

The chair used to be bright fire-engine red. If it weren't for the fact that it folds out into a bed, I might have wanted to trade it in for something nicer. However, it is an Ikea item, so I took a chance and went looking for a different coloured cover. Sure enough, $25 later I have a brand new chair that doesn't clash horribly with the room. I couldn't resist the throw pillow, and came across the lime green painting on liquidation.

I also found these curtains at Ikea for all of $9.99 for both panels. I have been learning about shopping for curtains this week, and I have to say, I am in shock at what people will both charge and pay for a piece of fabric the decorates a window!!!!


How much is that kitty in the window?

We had no room for this tall dresser in our bedroom, so it has been relegated to the office. As luck would have it, the embroidery my mother-in-law made for us for our wedding has both purple and green in it, so it was a perfect match for the room.

No comments: