Drum roll please.... here are the (almost) finished products of our labour. Yes, I like BRIGHT colours! At least in the bedrooms. The common areas (living, dinning, kitchen) are all very neutral, with a light cream colour.
Office: The purple was entirely Marshall's desire, but I have to say I am pleased with the result, in spite of the dark colour. It's a little more sombre in the picture then in reality, although the radiator image is pretty darn close. The radiator is on the opposite wall from the coloured wall. I left everything else neutral, so that the purple wasn't too overwhelming in the small room.
Master Bedroom: I have always wanted a red wall in the bedroom. Red is my favourite colour, and I have always loved the look of one red wall. I did some searching on the internet, and was able to test out the red wall colour with a picture of my current bedroom, and trust me, next to the deep wood of my bed, it looks awesome (the headboard will be against the red wall). Again, given the dark colour, only one wall is red for a reason!
Spare Room: Originally I was going to do this neutral, but when we got in the room, we both immediately agreed yellow would be perfect. The bright canary yellow was Marshall's idea, and I absolutely loved it! I think this is the best looking room. It has the most windows and is by far the brightest in the condo, so yellow suites it well. When I get all my plants in there with my blue futon and blue curtains, it's going to look fantastic! This will be "my" room, as most of my furniture will be going in there, so it will really feel like home to me!
"Is it time to go yet Mommy? I'm ready!"
1 comment:
It looks great so far, I can't wait to see when you get everything unpacked.
Post a Comment