Normally at this stage she doesn't do them unless she is concerned about something, because any information obtained is usually pretty meaningless and not much of an indication of when labour will begin. Nonetheless I was hoping to hear that there had been some progress since the last time they did an internal 4 weeks ago.
Not so much.
In the last 4 weeks I've gone from 60% effaced to 80% effaced, but the baby has not dropped any further down, and I am not even a little bit dilated.
Looks like this child will arrive late just to spite us all!
2 comments:
I know this must seem hard at this stage, but this is probably actually good news. Baby will have more time to put on a good layer of fat. Cute chubby dimply bits for kissing! (Plus you know, all the health benefits that I'm sure you're aware of).
The other thing to remember is that at this point, none of the signs really mean much one way or the other. People can go from zero to full labour in a single day, so you never know when Olive Pit will suddenly decide it's time for more rapid progress. Take care, and find yourself some quiet activity to help the coming days pass.
That's okay. I didn't show any progress until 40 weeks with either girl. He or she will come when the time is right. Just know that I am thinking of you and hope that you have some peace and comfort while you wait.
Post a Comment