Since we'll be around for the majority of the holidays this year, we decided to go ahead and put up a tree. We had a hard time deciding between a real vs. fake tree, but in the end went for the real deal.
So far, Doobie has only knocked it over twice, and we've only lost two ornaments as a result. We've had to remouve all ornaments from the bottom 2 feet of the tree, as it's not so much an issue of trying to climb the tree, but rather so many shinny new TOYS!
I have to admit that I really love that 95% of our ornaments were handmade/gifts from family. We only have a few store bought balls on the tree. Everything else has real sentimental value, from the knit stocking ornament to the Saguaro cactus.
On another note, Olive Pitt seems to be really growing quickly these days. This was taken last week, at 21 weeks, and I now understand why bending over is getting increasingly uncomfortable and difficult. I'm also realizing that I should probably dress up a little more for these pictures, as I'm starting to look rather haggard!
2 comments:
Yay to snow and Christmas!! The tree looks beautiful and so do you!! Enjoy your last "quiet" christmas!!
Everything looks beautiful, including mama!
Post a Comment