We're half way there, and Olive Pit is making their presence known more and more each day. I got my first real kicks on my birthday about a week ago, and they have steadily been getting stronger and more frequent ever since. It's such an amazing feeling :)
We had our ultra sound this morning. Seeing that little face was indescribable. So was watching the thumb sucking and feet grabbing. Olive Pit is already showing a bit of a stubborn side (I'm afraid both Mum and Dad are responsible for that!) and stayed firmly in place lying on their back facing up so that the technician could not get a good view of either kidney. All the poking, prodding and shaking in the world did not seem to make much of a difference. In the end I was the one who had to do some rolling acrobatics so that the proper images could be taken.
The first thing I noticed was the giant size of Olive Pit's feet. They were like HUGE seal flippers flapping about. Our first glimpses of Olive Pit were of hands grasping feet, and what looked like possibly toe sucking, or at least feet chewing. I was informed that normally at this stage feet are about the same length as the femur bone. In Olive Pit's case they are about 0.5 cm longer, which is substantial considering that the femur is only 3.4 cm to begin with. I started to tease Marshall about Olive Pit having his feet, to which I was informed that they could be Grammy's! (Sorry Grammy, Daddy insisted I mention that...)
As you've probably guessed the decision in the end was to not find out if Olive Pit is a boy or girl. My offer to find out but keep it to ourselves was rejected out of fear of letting it slip. I'll admit I was tempted for a minute during the ultrasound to have the technician tell us, but managed to keep that momentary waver to myself. I figure I've already waited 50% of my pregnancy, I can wait the other 50%!

4 comments:
So glad all of you are doing well! Don't knock big feet...they make for a good foundation!! PS...I wear same size as Grammy!
Yay!! I am so glad everything is going well!! I LOVE little "Olive Pit" and all of the surprises that will come along with them!! It really is one of the few true surprises we have left in this wonderful thing called life!!
How exciting! Emory was a thumb sucker during her ultrasounds.
This is sooooo exciting. Big feet are good! How did we decide on "Olive Pit?"
Post a Comment