Meet Buddy, Marshall's newest love. Buddy is my cousin Keri's dog, and we spent the weekend in Kingston with them. He's an 11 year old Lab/Rottweiler mix, who has definitely mellowed in his old age. He's been Keri's constant companion and protector for many years, and I'll admit that until this last visit, I have always been deathly afraid of Buddy. Not only is he the biggest dog I have ever encountered (he could take Marshall down and tear him to pieces if he was so inclined), but he has the meanest, scariest bark and growl I have ever heard. Think Hounds from Hell. No thief would EVER consider breaking into that house with Buddy barking at the door! He does come in handy, as I discovered when I wanted to get something out of my car that was parked in a dark un-lit ally next to a garage at midnight.
Those that know Buddy know he's actually a pretty big softy, and he and Marshall hit it off like two peas in a pod instantly.
1 comment:
Bahhh! I love this picture!! All true about my old pup except that his cross is a flat coat chow. When he is overheated or over excited his tongue even turns purple! I am so glad Buddy had another kindred spirit!
Post a Comment