Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Our Nations Capital

This past weekend I finally got Marshall to Ottawa. It's only a 2 hour drive, and he'd never been, so I figured it was high time he saw his adopted home's capital!

Like most capital cities, Ottawa is chalk full of civil servants, and not known for it's night life. What it does have is beauty. Unfortunately we were so busy walking around that I forgot to take pictures of some of the nicer views. I did manage to take a few "proof we were there" pictures though :)

Main Parliament Building. The view from the "Peace Tower" just under the clock, is outstanding.

The National Gallery. We spent several hours roaming this stunning building, with some of the best views of the city.

Marshall outside the National Gallery, with it's trademark spider sculpture.

Unknown Soldier Memorial

The view from our room - Confederation Park with one of many government buildings in the background.


2 comments:

The Growing Gunters said...

Gorgeous...glad to see you gettin' Marshall some of dat...whatchu call it...culture?

Arda said...

LOL! You're too funny :) Believe it or not, it was really HIS idea! Wish you could be here in the desert with us!