Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Little Miss Procrastination

My mother has been telling me for as long as I can remember that she should have named me "Suzy", as in "Last Minute Susan". Even my classmates have been shocked and awed at my perpetual last minute habits. I have been known to prepare 1 hour lectures in the 6 hours leading up to my presentation time =/

So, with that in mind, I am very proud to announce that I actually ordered my Thank-You cards today! Yes, that's right, despite being told one has up to 6 months to send them out, mine MIGHT actually get sent out in under 4 months! Not bad considering I've only been home for 6 weeks :)

Don't get me wrong - I have nothing but the deepest appreciation for all the thoughtfulness and generosity of our friends and family, I'm just REALLY bad at this kind of stuff. There were indeed MANY reasons for having a wedding planner!

All that remains to be seen is how long the box sits on the table. Baby steps, right?Yikes, where's Martha Stewart when you need her? LOL

2 comments:

Laura said...

It takes me FOREVER to write thank you notes (or do anything else for that matter)!

The Growing Gunters said...

Actually, here in the South, you have up to a whole YEAR to send thank you notes as well as a YEAR to give a wedding gift so take heart my dear, you are doing fabulous! Of course, us southerners are SLOW!