One of the nice things about Montreal is that if you go in any direction for about 30 minutes, your in rural landscape, with all sorts of outdoor activities. I've been trying to get Marshall out hiking since our first date 2 years ago. It took getting married before he actually agreed, so we spent out first "real" weekend as husband and wife in the great outdoors.
This past Saturday we drove about 40 minutes south of the city to one of he many nature reserves, and hiked up the small "mountain", about 3.5 km each way. It took us about 1.5 hours to get to the top, but the view was definitely worth it!
You can't tell form this picture, but that's Montreal in the distance. With the naked eye you can actually see the Olympic Stadium quite clearly.
4 comments:
Congrats on getting a Gunter Boy away from the TV long enough to take a hike. How did you do it?
I struggle more with the computer than TV! I'm seriously considering a weekly time limit for World of Warcraft - he spent over 20 hours playing our first week together!
In the end all it took was 2 years of persistence! I was also able to use the logic that with 5 months of freezing cold temperatures coming, we better take advantage of the nice weather while it lasts!
I have to remind Eric of how much we spent on our yard to get him to sit out on the patio.
I'm very much in aggreeance with my sistas!
Post a Comment