Friday, February 27, 2009

Half Way There!

So today marks the official half way point of my year on internship. It's been a slow climb up the first 6 months, but I'm confident that the next 6 months will fly by. 

I didn't see January of February. With 3 trips home for wedding related details, and closing up files for the end of this rotation, I haven't had much time to breath.

The good news is most of the major wedding details have been sorted out. We have a ceremony venue, a reception venue, the florist, and wedding party all finalized. We bit the bullet and hired a wedding planner, as neither of us has the time to devote to planning this kind of event. 

The wedding itself will take place at the Chateau Ramezay. The bulding once belonged to the Governor of the city, and has since been turned into a museum of the the city of Montreal. It's ideally locted off the main square of Old Montreal.



Here's the link for the website for more pics:  
http://www.chateauramezay.qc.ca/index2.htm

The reception will take place at a restaurant "Version Laurant Godbout" around the corner, about a 1.5 minute walk. The place is chef owned, and the food promises to be outstanding! Here are a couple of pics of the interior and terrace:















I'm off to Newfoundland for the weekend to visit my Nan and family. I'll post more soon!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Yea!!! I'm glad you decided to blog. I can't wait to see all the wedding stuff for real. :)

The Growing Gunters said...

HOORAY! I agree with Laura and am so happy your are blogging. This will be a great way to keep in touch. Hang in there, it looks like you are doing beautifully on your wedding plans. Can't wait for the big day!!!